Monday, March 28, 2011

Your hair is gorgeous - mohair, that is

It feels great to be back to my blog posting again.  I was undecided about whether or not it made sense for me to keep blogging a few months ago, and every once in a while I would see something amazing from the design world I wanted to share with you but kept it tucked neatly in a file - until now.  These chairs I saw are so drool-worthy that it was all the inspiration I needed to get back to blogging!



These mohair chairs are for sale at 1stDibs.com and are part of the Antony Todd Collection.  I saw them in a tiny bottom corner of a recent issue of InStyle magazine and they immediately caught my eye.  First, the rich, striking teal color is a luxe attention-getter on it's own.... add to that the gilded, carved frames and the fact that the teal upholstery is mohair, simply one of the most fabulous textiles available.

Mohair is from the angora goat, and is so lustrous, easily dyeable and resilient that it's one of the most coveted upholstery fabrics available.  It has a beautiful velvety sheen but is naturally flame resistant (as all natural protein fibers are).   Because of these desirable inherent qualities it is a costlier choice than velvet but there simply is no hair as gorgeous as mohair in the decorating world.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger